Our New Journey

On June 9th, 2011, my husband was feeling ill. He said that he was dehydrated and needed to go to the hospital for fluids. I mentioned to the nurses that I was concerned because he had seemed a little different over the past week. After a few tests, it was revealed that a tumor had taken up residence in his brain. A biopsy soon followed. As the surgeon talked about the results of the biopsy, the dreadful word "cancer" was born into our lives, changing it forever.

Through this blog, I shared the early years of this journey.

Several years later, I'm elated to report that he is doing very well, back to work and life. Seeing him now, you would never know that he has been through such a battle.

Thank you all for your love, support, and prayers.

-Gilly

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Mission Successful!

Tonight was Joe's "dry run" for radiation. We were a bit nervous. As we arrived at Radiation Medical Center, he had taken his anti-anxiety meds but was still feeling anxious. There were a couple of tense moments sitting in the waiting room after he scanned his card letting them know that he was there.

I know that it didn't take long, but it felt like we were waiting quite a bit of time before a man in brown scrubs came to the door and called him through. Joe followed, and I held my breath. I checked my texts and tried to play some games on my phone, but I was too nervous to concentrate. I found myself staring blankly at the tv in the waiting room. One of my favorite movies was playing. For a few moments, I found myself lost in The Music Man hoping that things were going well behind the door.

Joe walked into the waiting room. Briefly my hear sunk thinking that he hadn't been gone long enough to have had a successful mission. I asked how it went, and he said, "not bad." He said that it was really quick and easy.

Yay!

As we left, we walked away with a schedule for 33 treatments. The first one begins tomorrow night.

Thank you all so much for your prayers, support, and encouragement.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete