Our New Journey

On June 9th, 2011, my husband was feeling ill. He said that he was dehydrated and needed to go to the hospital for fluids. I mentioned to the nurses that I was concerned because he had seemed a little different over the past week. After a few tests, it was revealed that a tumor had taken up residence in his brain. A biopsy soon followed. As the surgeon talked about the results of the biopsy, the dreadful word "cancer" was born into our lives, changing it forever.

Through this blog, I shared the early years of this journey.

Several years later, I'm elated to report that he is doing very well, back to work and life. Seeing him now, you would never know that he has been through such a battle.

Thank you all for your love, support, and prayers.

-Gilly

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Success with No Drugs!

One week ago today Joe started his radiation treatments. He started his first treatment taking two valium. That was what finally helped him go through the CT scan while snapped to the table in his mask. Since the first treatment went so well, he's been taking less and less of the valium.

...and today he made it through with NO VALIUM!

I think that I needed a valium today as I waited in the waiting room. He was gone for much longer than usual. I was worried that he was having trouble. It turned out that they were taking some x-rays and it was a little longer treatment. Whew!

Then we met with Dr. Tova, his radiation doctor. She was just checking in on him and seeing if we had any questions.

Thank you again for all of your love and prayers!

Gilly

1 comment: